Research continues to prove that early childhood education plays a pivotal role in shaping children’s futures. At Lionheart, we deeply appreciate the significance of these formative years and understand that they are crucial for a child’s development. The curriculum that early childhood education programs use must be developmentally-appropriate and research-based in order to give children the best possible outcomes.
We believe that education should be an experience, not just a process, and we wanted a curriculum that aligns with that philosophy. In keeping with that, we proudly introduced our new curriculum, Experience Early Learning, or EEL, this spring. Experience Early Learning is rooted in the idea that children learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
EEL is a nationally recognized early learning system that aligns to standards of all 50 states as well as NAEYC standards. This curriculum equips educators with a toolkit of hands-on materials and experiences that cultivate curiosity, creativity, and a genuine love for the process of learning.
As children participate, they will naturally grow in all areas, including social-emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development. EEL curriculum weaves research-based skills into meaningful activities and projects. When combined with our nurturing environment, intentional teaching practices, and meaningful relationships, these skills will prepare every child for success in school and in life!
Here are some key features that set our curriculum apart:
- Child-Centered Learning: We recognize that every child is unique, with their own interests and strengths. Our curriculum is designed to allow us to tailor the learning experience to each child’s individual needs.
- Play-Based Approach: We understand that play is a child’s natural way of learning. Our curriculum incorporates play as a fundamental component of the learning process, helping children develop essential cognitive and social-emotional skills.
- Hands-On Activities: Our classrooms are filled with a wide variety of hands-on activities that encourage exploration and discovery. From science experiments to art projects, we provide opportunities for children to engage with the world around them.
- Social and Emotional Development: Our curriculum places a strong emphasis on social and emotional development. We teach important skills such as empathy, communication, and problem-solving, which are essential for building positive relationships.
- Language and Literacy: We foster a love for reading and language development through storytelling, phonics, and early literacy activities. Our goal is to instill a lifelong passion for books and learning.
- STEAM Integration: Experience Early Learning integrates STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) concepts into its activities. This holistic approach fosters critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity in young children.
- Assessment: Our curriculum includes comprehensive assessment tools and practices to help us consistently monitor and support each child’s progress, ensuring they receive the customized guidance they need to thrive.
- Family Engagement: We recognize the importance of involving families in a child’s early education, and our curriculum provides resources and materials to help the whole family extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Teacher Support: The curriculum includes comprehensive teacher guides and resources to assist educators in implementing the curriculum effectively. EEL also supplements the existing Lionheart training by offering on-going professional development opportunities to enhance educators’ teaching skills.
At Lionheart, we don’t just provide a curriculum; we create an immersive experience for our young learners. We are committed to providing a transformative early learning experience that prepares children for a bright future.
If you are a current Lionheart family, we are so glad you’re part of our family and that your child is getting to experience this great curriculum! If you aren’t a Lionheart family yet, we would love for you to contact us to learn more!
~Misty Henry, Lionheart Vice President of Education